The two main tasks ahead of me are 1) Saving up for equipment & 2) Listing addresses and coordinates for things to do that I’ll plug into my gps navigator & have printed in a booklet as backup.
Table of Contents:
- Travel & Event Locations – Collecting data on campaign locations, communal events & ways to be travel on the cheap and be self-reliant, so I can work it all into one giant travel map & a bunch of event calanders.
- Goals & Hypotheses for creative writing – Creating a list of goals and creative writing ideas.
- Baggage – My shopping list of worldly possessions.
- Hard drive – Building up a large harddrive of campaign media and personal favourites to use and share.
I’ve built 2 large spreadsheets of resources that can either be downloaded onto a GPS navigator or used in google maps. The benefits of using a GPS over a smart phone is their long battery life and not having to rely on internet access.
I also plan to print a series of pamphlets seperated by areas of the UK to have and distribute as back up hard copies, which people can use with print maps.
In terms of quickly searching in a matter of seconds what you might want to see, that’ll just have to wait until I meet an ace web developer who wants to help make a custom map and search engine for campaigns & communalist goings on.
Click the links below to see:
For a sense of the size of the data and what data pools I’m drawing from, see the table below:
|Eating||Dumpster Diving & Foraging||Falling Fruit|
|Eating||Real Junk Food Projects||Facebook Groups Search|
|Eating||Sikh Temples||All about sikhs|
|Sleeping||Food and Board for Good Work||Diggers & Dreamers||Wwwof, Helpx & Workaway|
|Sleeping||Couchsurfing||Couchsurfing & WarmShowers|
|Sleeping||Mountain huts||The British Mountaineering Council|
|Sleeping||Traveller sites||Government Traveller Sites Count|
|Washing||Showering||Motorway Services Online|
|Organising||Bike Repair||Find a bike shop|
|Organising||Charging Stations||Charge Point|
|Volunteering||Pick your own gardens||Incredible Edible|
|Volunteering||Foodbanks||Trussell Trust – Find a Food Bank|
|Volunteering||Animal Sanctuaries||Animal Aid|
|Volunteering||Mountain/Cave Rescue Training||Mountain Rescue England and Wales|
|Studying||Activist Centres||Freedom News Updates|
|Studying||Zine libraries||UK and Ireland Zine Librarians|
|Studying||Art galleries||Art Fund|
|Studying||Radio Ranges||Radio Stations & Shows||Community Media Map|
|Exploring||Caving||Council of Northern Caving Clubs – Map|
|Game Playing||Ping-pong parlors||Ping! England|
|Game Playing||Chess in the park|
|Game Playing||Volleyball||Volleyball in London|
|Game Playing||Basketball||Basketball England|
- Collect food and tat to distribute through Food not Bombs, Real Junk Food Projects, Foodbanks & Freegle.
- Gather data – Map skipping, foraging & hitchhiking locations. Update information on campaign/communalist event calanders, location maps & tables. Take notes of resources and swap pdf libraries to update personal favorites on my hardrive and both community resource directories.
- Discuss/advocate total liberation philosophy.
- Help restore wildlife habitat and save some foxes
- Distribute, swap & collect movement leaflets & zines.
- Listen to tons of audiobooks and podcasts through boneshaker headphones & read back over sections on an e-book at night.
- Go wild swimming, caving & hiking.
- See live music and swap mp3 libraries.
- Participate in outdoor sports & games e.g. chess in the park, ping-pong parlors, cards with strangers, kabaddi & volleyball.
Hypotheses for creative writing
- It will be easier on the road to get enjoyment from study, so long as I don’t reach a point where I only want to speed read volumes.
- The expense of not being able to spend as much time organizing in one place and to a timeschedule will be made up for in the quantity of people I can gather grassroots knowledge from and establish intellectual connections with.
- It would be worth sharing free food with strangers that contain animal products, but it wouldn’t be worth hunting/fishing to extend the length of the trip.
|Bike Essentials||Touring Bike||.|
|Repair Kit||Mini Fold-up Hex Wrench Screwdriver||X|
|Repair Kit||Pump & Puncture Repair||X|
|Repair Kit||Gorilla Tape||.|
|Repair Kit||Cable Ties||.|
|Repair Kit||Cassette Tool||.|
|Repair Kit||Crank Extractor||.|
|Repair Kit||Bottom Bracket Tool||.|
|Repair Kit||Adjustable Spanner||.|
|Repair Kit||10/12mm Hex Key For Shimano Freehub Removal||.|
|Repair Kit||Strips Of Inner Tube Rubber||.|
|Repair Kit||Hose Clamp||.|
|Repair Kit||Electrical Terminal Block||.|
|Repair Spares||Chain Links||.|
|Repair Spares||Brake Shoes/pads||.|
|Repair Spares||3x Spokes (rear Drive-side, Rear Non-drive-side, Front).||.|
|Repair Spares||Another Inner-tube||.|
|Repair Spares||Spare Chain||.|
|Repair Spares||Gear Cable Set (inner/outer/ferrules)||.|
|Repair Spares||Brake Cable Set||.|
|Repair Spares||Hub/headset/bottom Bracket Bearings||.|
|Repair Spares||Canister Of Grease.||.|
|Bike Accessories||Pannier Racks||1/2|
|Bike Accessories||One Wheel Trailer||.|
|Bike Accessories||Gadget Holders||1/2|
|Bike Touring Bags||Bikepacking Bags||.|
|Bike Touring Bags||Pannier Bags||1/2|
|Bike Touring Bags||Trailer Bag||.|
|Bike Touring Bags||Roll-top Dry Bags||.|
|Day Ride Essentials||Water Bladder||.|
|Day Ride Essentials||Filter Bottle||X|
|Day Ride Essentials||Iodine||X|
|Day Ride Essentials||Phone||X|
|Day Ride Essentials||First Aid Kit||X|
|Touring Essentials||Sleeping Bag||.|
|Touring Essentials||Head Torch||X|
|Touring Essentials||Down jacket||X|
|Touring Essentials||Neck Tube||X|
|Wild Sleeping||Hammock-tent With Spreader Bar.||.|
|Wild Cooking||Stove Repair Kit||.|
|Techno-Toys||Gps Bike Computer||.|
|Techno-Toys||128gb Mp3 Player With Radio Capability||.|
|Techno-Toys||Bone Shaker Headphones Or Helmet/handlebar Speakers||.|
|Techno-Toys||Dynamo Bike Charger||.|
|Games||Ping Pong Bats + Balls||.|
|Games||3 In 1 Travel Chess Set.||.|
|Extras||Journal + Pens||X|
|Leftist Community Resources
|Vegan Community Resources