New Vegan Sub-Reddits
Anti-vegans only go to move is cherry picking bad vegan activism and calling it socially uncool, so this is a space for vegans to have fun and build up an archive of anti-vegan cringe. People already perceive anyone spending their time being anti-vegan as especially silly, so looking to draw in some unthinking meat eaters with humor too.
Middle ground space for celebrating or analyzing veganism done well.
I’d like this to be a space for everyone, so as a basis for analyzing it’s hoped people who post can acknowledge it’s at least possible that veganism can be done badly e.g. an unhealthy, not properly planned diet. And in return, any meat-eating posters can acknowledge the possibility for veganism to be done well e.g. reducing your risk for health problems and improving the world.
Vegan vs. Meat Eater
Middle ground space for debate and discussion.
Middle ground space for venting about or critiquing veganism done badly.
I’d like this to be a space for everyone, so as a basis for critiquing it’s hoped people who post can acknowledge it’s at least possible that veganism can be done well e.g. healthily and improve the world. And in return, any vegan posters can acknowledge the possibility for meat-eating to be done well e.g. the majesty of a tribesperson tracking down an animal and cherishing their unwitting sacrifice in culture.
So that makes the lay of the land…
Cool as a cucumber
Lands of cringe
A taste of the posts on r/ Cringy Anti Vegans
I’ve created a discord directory of online communities; anarchist/socialist, vegan/freegan, atheist/religious, language learning, etc.
Plus campaign networking & collaborating space.
Check it out:
>>>> https://discord.gg/bYpfzRT <<<<<
What is Discord?
Discord can be thought of as a hybrid chat messenger (ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Skype etc) and lightweight social media platform for focussed groups or communities to interact.
The site is available for free on the web, or as an applicaton on your phone or destop. While the design aesthetic leans toward computer gaming enthusiasts, as a platform it has been embraced by many varied groups and for many purposes including activism. If you can think of a reason why people might want to get together and share content and ideas or just be sociable, there’s probably a Discord server out there or anyone is free to make their own.
While voice chat is an available feature, it is entirely optional and many groups focus much more on simple messaging and content sharing.
Further Reading – Suggested Topics
Key: Blue for internal links & red for external.
- Living anarchism: Point of No Return, Accomplices
- Ecology: Eating Wild Food: The challenges, benefits and consequences, Amazon Mycorenewal Project, When nature won’t stay still: Conservation, equilibrium and control
- Identity: To all my dear friends and allies in healing, trauma, abuse and anarchist practice, The anarchist world and feeling okay to be fucked, An Insurrectional Practice Against Gender, non-heteronormative desires, On Sexuality from a Sex Worker
- Solidarity Activism: Learning from life, Charity or Solidarity?, The Spaniard
- Organising: Going beyond activism
- Psychology: Charting A Path Towards Vegetarianism
- Philosophy: The problem of not-knowing or not knot-knowing, The Radical Potential of Shin Buddhism
- Personal solutions to complex community: Political Ethnography as Art and Science, Hate Kills: A social justice response to “suicide”, Involving Others From Toolkit to Ethos for a Different Kind of Democracy
Pilot zine of articles above.
Activist Journeys Pilot pdf
Not for publication, for online viewing only, a test example in displaying similar articles and formatting.