My Video Essays, Editing & Mirrors
A channel to promote campaigns, exhibit educational resources, archive movement history and storybook my life/interests.
I post all my videos to this website because I just think it’s a nicer user experience. People who make articles linking my articles get pingbacks, there’s less of a divide between commenters and creators when people can easily create great text blogs. Finally you’re not distracted by tons of clickbait, only categories of other posts to look back on, etc.
I recommend everyone getting an RSS aggregator like feedly.com for this reason, so you don’t spend hours browsing through social media when you can choose exactly who you want to be updated by from various websites, that way any other time you spend online can be limited to meaningfully researching subjects.
Educational – Socialist, Animal Rights & Environmental Advocacy
- How to simply explain what veganism is and argue for it – Part One
- The bizarre case of vegan Neo-N*zis & deprogramming vegans who glorify violence
- How To Advocate To Pro-Vegan Leftists (Mock Vaush Debate)
Activism – Current Political Movements & Projects
- Terrier men digging out foxes for the hunt – Jan, 2019
- Jeremy Corbyn Listening & Speaking at Teachers Meeting on Education
- Campaigns & Remberences of Hêlîn Qereçox (Anna Campbell)
- Daniel Kaufman On Intuitionism and Folk Psychology
- Saul Newman: Post-Anarchism from Revolution to Rebellion [Mirror] (french and english)
- Stoicism & Existentialism; Compare & Contrast [Mirror]
Essays made for various websites and zines.
- Early beginnings… – Youth anti-war activism
- An experience with solidarity activism – Refugee rights activism
- The Personal is Political – Reflections on Mike Mills film Beginners – Relationships / film review
- Everyone has to deal with the absurd… – Philosophy
- A Love Letter To Failing Upward – Philosophy
- The Vegan Inception of Vaush – Comedy/Ethical dialogue
Social Movement Theory
- The bizarre case of vegan Neo-Nazis & deprogramming vegans who glorify violence – Political violence
- Debate On The Definition of Veganism – Veganism & environmentalism
- Response Video to ‘Veganism vs. Animal Liberation’ – Veganism & environmentalism
- Common Allies – Guide, social justice, veganism, environmentalism
- Contentious Allies – Guide, conservativism & veganism
- Freeganism – Guide, reuse movement
- Companion Animal Care – Guide, rescue movement
- Free Animal Postings – Guide, rescue movement
- Racism in Veganism – Guide, anti-racism
- My Virtue-Existentialist Ethics – Applied ethics
- How to simply explain what veganism is and argue for it – Dialogue guide
- How To Advocate To Pro-Vegan Leftists (Mock Vaush Debate) – Debate notes
- The Vaush Debate That Never Was – Debate notes
I created an album of for me what are Chris’s (Captain Hotknives) greatest hits, through finding what I think are the best quality versions out there of 13 well loved comedy songs, plus mixing and matching a few different versions together.
As well I edited together 3 volumes of folk songs, instrumentals & bonus tracks.
Finally I copyed the automatic transcripts, cleaned them up into lyrics pages and I’m working on building it into an illustrated sleeve notes zine which will contain lyrics, descriptions & more.
A letter correspondence over many years between Aileen and her best friend from childhood Dawn was collated into a book, in the order the letters were sent.
Mixed in to the letters were long essays about her life on the road which she asked Dawn to keep safe encase she ever wrote enough that she could start knocking it into an autobiography.
As I was reading it, I found her experiences of the time she lived through so fascinating that I wanted to save each one and see it in perspective to her other memories in the timeline of her life.
So that’s what I’ve done here. And if it’s useful in the future to anyone’s creative pursuits, like writing non-fiction plays or graphic novels, or reflections on her life, or the 70s, or even fictional stories with characters based on Aileen, then all the better.
The Radical Zine Library
Onscreen viewing is almost finished, I just need to print into a booklet, add prices for printing & delivering, then take it on the road to table and distribute at events.
The library also aims to be a source of inspiration for people submitting material for the compilation zine series Activist Journeys, when I start it up again I’ll be ready to travel with quality equipment between projects to conduct video interviews and transcribe parts for the zine.
Vegan / Far-Left Community Directories
Vegan Video Resource Library
Copy pasting a list of all of one youtubers videos and sorting them to create a tabled directory of channels content for easy searching.
The list of pages for this project will parallel the Philosophical Vegan Wiki; the video library aims to collate entertaining and engaging content from a broad range of personalities, while the Wiki can aim to be a hard and fast information rich source.
Social Centers & Projects, Events, Activist Groups & Organizations, Forums Streamers, Vloggers, Podcasters, Bloggers, New and old films to get excited about/discuss, Authors new and old work & Vegan music culture.
This is an introductory page, looking at the various content vegan YouTubers specialize in & who you could recommend as a resource if a person expressed interest in a certain topic.
Helping to bridge the divide between video/audio and text, I think it’s useful to have some particularly good videos transcribed into essays so they can be dissected and discussed.
List of vegan youtubers sorted by most videos.
Youtubers who had a change in direction, deleted all their videos or deleted their channel.
People going back to eating animals for reasons of social, health, etc. Plus vegan responses using parody, ethics, etc.
Pop, Rap, Metal, Punk, Reggae, Hippie, Parody, etc.
Vegan / Far-Left Podcast Libraries
Documenting lists of podcasts sorted by theme with full lists of episodes, then downloading and creating file shares with archive.org, all in one place and easy to download individually and in batches.
Community Discord Directory
I’ve created a discord directory of online communities; anarchist/socialist, vegan/freegan, atheist/religious, language learning, etc.
We also aim to be a productive campaign networking & collaborating space, discussing campaign theory & activity, future media ideas and ways anyone can contribute.
I’ve also gotten a bunch of other discord servers to open up a #creator-suggestions channel as a place to discuss ideas and concepts, either between creators or just viewers before sending them to the people you think would do the best job.
I’ve drawn up a bulletin board of new books, videos and news that I think would be interesting for people to write articles on or do videos about and I plan to aggregate more people’s ideas to this web page for easy viewing and following, with quotes and references to who came up with the idea.
I’ve been compiling a library of comedians content to be able to listen to, transcribe and study their work over their life:
I’ve got through transcribing a bunch of live sets from the first person I chose and made an album out of my fav Greatest Hits. If anyone is interested in writing up transcripts, text analysis and/or reviews let me know.
My Other Projects
UK Cycle Touring in Solidarity – A How To
Planning for adventure and writing up a toolkit for how to survive comfortably on the cheap whilst volunteering with activist groups and doing advocacy in communities:
- Do street food distribution and advocacy
- Do animal rights street advocacy with slaughterhouse footage
- Bare witness to the animals soon to be killed outside slaughterhouses
- Gleaning food to politicize food waste
- Go along to philosophy discussion groups
- Do wildlife habitat restoration
- Sabotage the bloodsport of running down foxes with dogs
- Go along to open mic nights & street festivals
- Join cycling, hiking, foraging & kabaddi groups
- Dumpster Diving & Foraging
- Real Junk Food Projects, Foodbanks, Freegle & Other Food Networks
- Food & board for good work, couchsurfing, wild camping spots & mountain huts
- Animal Sanctuaries
- Mountain/Cave Rescue Groups
- Activist Centres
- Zine libraries, book libraries, museums & art galleries
- Wild swimming, caving & urban exploration
- Ping-pong parlors, chess in the park, volleyball, basketball & petanque
- Radio ranges; leftist, pirate & talk shows
- Collect food and tat to distribute through Food not Bombs, Real Junk Food Projects, Foodbanks & Freegle.
- Gather data – Map skipping, foraging & hitchhiking locations. Update information on campaign/communalist event calanders, location maps & tables. Take notes of resources and swap pdf libraries to update personal favorites on my hardrive and both community resource directories.
- Discuss/advocate total liberation philosophy
- Help restore wildlife habitat and save some foxes
- Distribute, swap & collect movement leaflets & zines.
- Listen to tons of audiobooks and podcasts through boneshaker headphones & read back over sections on an e-book at night
- Go wild swimming, caving & hiking
- See live music and swap mp3 libraries
- Participate in outdoor sports & games e.g. chess in the park, ping-pong parlors, cards with strangers, kabaddi & volleyball
Hypotheses for creative writing
- #1: It will be easier on the road to get enjoyment from study, so long as I don’t reach a point where I only want to speed read volumes.
- #2: The expense of not being able to spend as much time organizing in one place and to a timeschedule will be made up for in the quantity of people I can gather grassroots knowledge from and establish intellectual connections with.
- #3: It would be worth sharing free food with strangers that contain animal products, but it wouldn’t be worth hunting/fishing to extend the length of the trip.
- Touring bike, helmet, repair kit/materials/tools, lock & lights
- Pannier racks, one wheel trailer, bottle cage & gadget holders
- Bikepacking, pannier, trailer & roll-top dry bags
- Water bladder, filter bottle, iodine & first aid kit
- Wallet, sleeping bag, head torch, clothing, neck tube & toiletries
- Hammock-tent with spreader bar
- Lighter, stove, stove repair kit, pan, spork, knife, tupperware & condiments
- 128GB mp3 player with radio capability, phone, gps bike computer & hard drive
- Dynamo bike charger
- Bone shaker headphones or helmet/handlebar speakers & e-book
- Zip locks, passport, journal + pens, sunglasses, spare batteries, sunblock, moisturizer, lip balm, insect repellent, travel towel & earplugs
- Playing cards, ping pong bats + balls & 3 in 1 travel chess set
- Hardcopy leaflets, periodicals & books
- UK campaign/communalist event calanders, event location maps & tables
- Food not Bombs – UK Chapters
- Common & Contentious Allies
UK campaign groups, events & locations
So in cases where there’s no volunteer web developer on hand I’ll to try to be a point of contact for keeping information updated.
As well as creating tables, maps and calanders where none existed before hand in easily viewable share links, then sending them to the campaign web developer to host on their site.
Philosophical Vegan Wiki
This Wiki has evolved from the forum as a way to focus our effort and collaborate to bring all of the knowledge and arguments together in a more structured and digestible way without having to dig through lengthy discussions, but those discussions themselves are still hosted on the forum (and are often ongoing), so that’s an important way to get started.
This is a meta-activism wiki, meant as a resource for vegans and our allies working toward environmental and animal welfare ends, but it may also be helpful as an information source for anybody interested in these topics. While we’re happy for non-vegans to read the wiki and be convinced of veganism, the Wiki itself is written to provide more in-depth information for people already interested in the subject rather than as outreach, and as such the tone of articles is often very different from what we would recommend for outreach (beware: some articles may be slightly snarky).
- Common Allies & Countentious Allies
- Companion Animal Care
- Racism in Veganism
- Starting a YouTube Channel
Moderate and encourage others to moderate groups to provide a resource to areas of the country not yet covered & vote in animal rights policies on free animal postings.
Collect food and tat to distribute to keep groups active and encourage a cooperative economy.
Vegan / Left-Tube Analytics & Labelling
Find channels that interest you most or that you think will most chime with a friend so that you might help someone else on their journey.
Sort each table by multiple column headings and refresh the page to revert to default.
For an ideal future finished format wiki page for tracking audience interest in veganism see Vegan YouTube Analytics.
To help fill out the directory see this instruction manual for data labeling; Vegan YouTube Directory – Updating Process.
Finally documenting channels & primary content type helps us produce outreach pamphlets and articles for the vegan video resource library with pictures, previewing 3 video titles per channel, like an introduction to vegan youtubers or an article on vegan musicians.
Left-wing YouTubers are organizing to offer support to small creators who are people of color and underrepresented in video media.
Most vegans are left-wing and find that there are many campaigns we can work on together to get closer to both our desired goals. For more information see our page on Common Allies.
To help fill out the directory see this instruction manual for data labeling; LeftTube Directory – Updating Process.
Finally documenting channels & primary content type helps us produce articles for the Anarchist/Socialist Community Directory such as a page on Anarchist/Socialist Video Channels with pictures and 3 example video titles per creator.