Spivak – Can the Subaltern Speak? (Strategic Essentialism)
Beauvoir – The Second Sex (Situationist critique of marriage)
Nancy Chodorow – The Reproduction of Mothering (Learnt sexual power difference in childhood)
- Sex critical reproduction
- Consent culture – Male survivor zine
- Essentialism vs Climates of oppression and symbolic learnt sexual difference
Unreleased – ask me to see if your interested or want to collaborate
- Safe space relationship communication
- Sex critical ideas keeping a reign on bad faith
- Labels do not define you
- Political queer
Reading / Research
- Radical Slut Dis-covery: building and re-building our sexual selves
- WHORECORE Fucking Queer and Getting Paid
Against uncritical liberation of desire (privileged hedonistic lifestyles)
- FUCKED: on being sexually dysfunctional in sex-positive queer scenes zine
- authentic desire and moral development
- Polyamory off our backs
- Against Separatism
- “Feminine” Heterosexual Men: Subverting Heteropatriarchal Sexual Scripts? – Darryl B. Hill
- Anarcha-feminism and the newer “woman question” – sallydarity
- Forever your girl
- Toward The Queerest Insurrection
- Negative feminism, anti-social queer theory and the politics of hope
- ‘Do We Scare Ya’ Cuz, We’re Not Afraid To Fuck’? Queer-feminist Punk Countercultures, Theory, Art and Action
- DANGEROUS SPACES: Violent Resistance, Self-Defense, and Insurrectional Struggle Against Gender
- i am no hero, and neither are you thoughts on how our histories of abuse inflect our anarchist practice
- Support Zine – Cindy Crabb
- Apoyo (Spanish-language version of Support):
- Supporting a Survivor of Sexual Assault: a Primer (10 Steps)
- No! The Rape Documentary [film]
- Male Survivor
- Trans and Intersex Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Learning Good Consent
- Break the Silence: How to Put Together Your Own Consent Workshop
- (Safer sex and relationships zine, facilitators guides, curriculum, resources and sample agendas)
- My Body My Pleasure My Choice A positive sexuality booklet for young people by Generation Five.
- Abuse is Not S/M and S/M is Not Abuse zine
Trauma and Recovery
- The Icarus Project: Emotional Trauma First Aid Handout
- Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others by Connie Burk & Laura van Dernoot:
- Survivor’s Guide to Sex/Healing Sex by Ellen Bass,
- Trauma and Recovery by Judith Herman Lewis,
- Thriving in the Wake of Trauma: A Multicultural Guide by Thema Bryant-Davis,
- The Body Remembers: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and Trauma Treatment by Babette Rothschild,
- Waking the Tiger by Peter A Levine,
Burnout and self-care
- Resisting burnout with justice-doing The International Journal of Narrative Therapy and Community Work. (4) 27-45.
- Collective ethics as a path to resisting burnout
- Freddy Stories, by Lynda Barry
- When Things Fall Apart, by Pema Chodron
- Punk vs Sexism and Rape from Profane Existance
- The Courage to Heal, The Courage to Heal Workbook, Allies in Healing.
- The Sexual Healing Journey: A Guide for Survivors of Sexual Abuse, by Wendy Maltz.
- Invisible Girls: the Truth About Sexual Abuse. A Book For Teen Girls, Young Women, and Everyone Who Cares About Them, by Dr. Patti Feuereisen http://www.girlthrive.com, by Seal Press
- The Survivor’s Guide to Sex: How to Have an Empowered Sex Life After Child Sexual Abuse, by Staci Haines
- She Who Was Lost is Remembered: Healing from Incest Through Creativity, ed Louise M. Wisechild.
- Sexual Harassment: Women Speak Out, ed Sumrall and Taylor.
- Brutal from Slug and Lettuce.
- Brainscan 21
- Mend My Dress #1
- ask; from the mouthes of wolves
For people called out for violent or abusive behaviour
- Tips for Seeking a Therapist (for People Who Have Done Sexual Harm), by Anonymous.
- Taking The First Step Suggestions To People Called Out For Abusive Behaviour by Wispy Cockles
- What to Do When You’ve Been Called Out
Identity specific Issues
- Emma Shepard letter from prison (punished with longer prison sentence for being ‘good girl, gone bad’)
- Feminist case against women bishops (Subalternity: Essentialise their role in society, accept dehumanizing traditions that make them subservient to men)
- Girl on Girl Hate (Hold each other to a subservient standard, know your place)
- Women who feel entitled more likely to endorse benevolent sexism study finds
- Refusing to be a Man – John Stoltenberg
- Invisible Victims: Men In Abusive Relationships
- You Just Don’t Understand: Women and Men in Conversation (the gender contract and language)
Race and Colonialism
- The Autobiography of My Mother by Jamaica Kincaid
- Whiteness and Trauma: The Mother-Daughter Knot in the Fiction of Jean Rhys; Jamaica Kincaid and Toni Morrison
- Dirty open secret of master slave relationships in Burma
- I Will Survive: The African-American Guide to Healing from Sexual Assault and Abuse, by Lori Robinson.
- Heterosexuality a Feminism and Psychology reader
- When Rabbit Howls, by the Troops For Truddi Chase.
- I’ve Got Angels in my Head. Excerpts: forgiving myself and letter to friends
- Witch Hunt By Annie Anxiety
- Mentally Ill Sometimes Things Get Confusing When You’re Mentally Ill
Sex worker rights
- Trapped – short essay, by a canadian sex-trade worker
- Vancouver Rape Relief Does Not Support All Survivors – printed for this event
- Emotion Work, Feeling Rules, and Social Structure
- Building the Bonds of Attachment: Awakening Love in Deeply Troubled Children By Daniel A. Hughes
- Violence and abuse (optional parenting coaching for all families)
- Womens Self Defense #2 Stories & strategies of survival.
- Thoughts About Community Support Around Intimate Violence
- Calling IN: A Less Disposable Way of Holding Each Other Accountable
- Philly Stands up Portrait of Praxis: Anatomy of Accountability Kelly, Esteban Lance & Jenna Peters Golden (2010)
- As If They Were Human: A Different Take on Perpetrator Accountability
- What is the opposite of accountability (section from Community Accountability Within People of Color Progressive Movements by INCITE!)
- Shame, Realisation and Restoration: The Ethics of Restorative Practice, – Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 153– 162, September 2006
For Allies and Men doing work against gender violence
- Why Misogynists Make Great Informants (zine form)
- Philly Dudes Collective: Year One
- On The Road To Healing #1
- On The Road To Healing #2
- Dealing With Our Shit: Six Years of Men’s Group and Accountability Work
- Experiments in Transformative Justice by the Challenging Male Supremacy Project
- When Calling Me Your Beautiful Sister is Not Enough
- Going to places that scare me: Personal reflections on challenging male supremacy
Workshops and trainings
- Break the Silence: How to Put Together Your Own Consent Workshop (Safer sex and relationships zine, facilitators guides, curriculum, resources and sample agendas)
- R3 collective: Anti-oppression and burnout
- AORTA collective workshops: Facilitators guides and trainings
- Philly Stands Up (2011) ‘Rehearsing Community Accountability’
- Vicky Reynolds: Witnessing Our Collective Ethics (2012) An Inquiry into Ally Work (2011) The problem with normal: A gift from queer theory (2011)
Community accountability, anti-oppression, intersectionality and allyship: Resources for counsellors, agencies and the interface between community accountability and services.
- Bay Area Transformative Justice Collective: Community Support Network
- A solidarity approach: The rhizome & messy inquiry. – Systemic Inquiry: Innovations in Reflexive Practice Research.
- The problem’s oppression not depression – Stay Solid! : A Radical Handbook for Youth.
- Doing Justice: A Witnessing Stance in Therapeutic Work Alongside Survivors of Torture and Political Violence – Studies in meaning 4: Constructivist perspectives on theory, practice, and social justice.
- Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy, 47(1), 14-28. Everett, B., MacFarlane D., Reynolds, V., & Anderson, H. (2013)
- Lessons from self-organizing communities: ‘We were already a community and you put a roof over us’. – The International Journal of Narrative Therapy and Community Work, 2, 61-78.
- “Leaning in” as imperfect allies in community work. – Narrative and Conflict: Explorations in theory and practice, 1(1), 53-75.
- Bridging the worlds of therapy & activism: Intersections, tensions & affinities. – The International Journal of Narrative Therapy and Community Work. (4) 57-61.
- Hate Kills: A social justice response to “suicide”. – http://discoursesofprevention.com/post-symposium-activities/.
- The role of allies in anti-violence work. – Ending Violence Association of BC Newsletter. (2) 1-4
- Fluid and Imperfect Ally Positioning: Some Gifts of Queer Theory. – Context. Association for Family and Systemic Therapy, UK, 13-17.
- An ethic of resistance: Frontline worker as activist. – Women Making Waves19 (1), 5.