Another taste of what I’m writing. Anyone can contribute to these simply by signing up to the Philosophical Vegan Forum & Wiki, plus making a little introduction post so we know you’re not a spam-bot.
Vegan Grey Areas
- Eating Disorder
- Chronic Disease / Multiple Food Allergies
- Pest Prevention
Some might be surprised that some vegans support
- Wildlife management
- Non-intrusive wild beekeeping
- Caring for rescued animals
- Lab grown meat
Perspectives both groups/movements can gain from each other about our overlap and practical ways we can all offer mutual support in achieving our campaign goals.
Some vegan perspectives might feel foreign to those who haven’t before considered the emotional lives of animals, but under the right circumstance people can come to understand and sympathize e.g. a fellow volunteer at the domestic violence shelter who’s vegan and you come to understand their passion and dedication is only furthered by this philosophy.
- Labor movement
- Anti-Racism / Anti-Apartheid
- Anti-Sexism / Civil rights
- Disability Rights
- Indigenous land rights / Investment
Groups/movements that don’t live up to our ethical standard, but who we may find useful to collaborate with to achieve our campaign goals.
- Higher welfare reform
- Speciesist slaughter/hunting abolition
- Shoot hunting & pole fishing
- Wild animal farming
- Horse riding, plus horse & dog pulling
- Foxhound drag-hunt racecourse & Bloodhound hunting
- Sighthounds, coonhounds, pointers, retrievers, ferreting & falconry to eat